President: Iran ready to assure world of not seeking nukes
‘Negotiating team will never compromise on national dignity’
President Masoud Pezeshkian said on Sunday that Tehran is ready to assure the world that it is not seeking nuclear weapons, adding that the country’s negotiators in talks with the United States will never compromise on the “dignity” of the country.
Pezeshkian made the remarks during a visit to the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB), during which he held talks with the IRIB’s chief and managers as Tehran and Washington edge closer in Pakistani-mediated talks to finalize a memorandum of understanding aimed at ending a recent aggression by the US and Israel against Iran.
"During the era of our martyred Leader, we declared – and we declare again today – that we are ready to assure the world that we are not seeking nuclear weapons, nor are we seeking unrest in the region. The one seeking to destabilize the region is the Israeli regime, which pursues the 'Greater Israel' plan."
Pezeshkian emphasized that Israel is trying to keep war and unrest alive in the region through various means.
Referring to the Pakistani-mediated negotiations between Tehran and Washington to end aggression, he said, “We and our negotiating team will never compromise on the dignity and honor of our country."
The US-Israeli aggression on Iran began on February 28 with airstrikes that assassinated senior Iranian officials and commanders.
The Iranian armed forces unleashed 100 waves of successful retaliatory strikes against sensitive and strategic American and Israeli targets throughout the region.
On April 8, forty days into the war, an Islamabad-brokered temporary ceasefire went into effect. Since then, the two sides have engaged in negotiations brokered by Pakistan to end a crisis in the region, which has been caused by the aggression against Iran.
