Armed Forces warn US of harsher response to possible onslaught
A senior spokesman for Iran’s Armed Forces warned the United States on Sunday that any renewed aggression against Iran will be met with “more crushing and severe response” than the previous one.
Brigadier General Abolfazl Shekarchi made the remarks in response to recent threats by the US President Donald Trump against Iran if no agreement is reached between the two countries.
Shekarchi said on Sunday that repeated threats by “delusional” US president against Iran would only deepen Washington’s troubles.
“Repeating any foolishness to compensate for America’s disgrace in the third imposed war against Iran will bring no consequence other than receiving more crushing and severe blows for that country,” Shekarchi said.
He added that the “desperate” US president should know that if the US launches new aggression against Iran, US army will face “unprecedented, offensive, surprising and tumultuous scenarios,” and will sink into a “self-created quagmire” caused by Washington’s adventurous policies.
Trump has escalated his war rhetoric against Iran in recent days, threatening renewed strikes against the country if diplomatic efforts do not reach an agreement.
Iran’s Armed Forces gave a strong response to a recent aggression by the US and Israel against Iran by launching missile and drone attacks on the US military bases in the regional countries and the Israel’s positions in the occupied territories.
The unprovoked US-Israeli war on Iran began on February 28 with air raids that assassinated senior Iranian officials and commanders and targeted civilian infrastructure, residential areas, educational institutes, and historical and cultural sites.
More than 3,700 people were killed in the attacks on Iran.
FM spox: US at it again to justify war with ‘grand lie’
Meanwhile, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baqaei said the US and the Israeli regime are fabricating a new “grand lie” to justify their illegal “war of choice” against the Islamic Republic, specifically as they claim their actions aim to restore stability in global energy markets.
In a post on his X account on Sunday, Baqaei said the reckless warmongering of the US and Israel is the root cause of shattered promising diplomatic processes.
Through an unprovoked military aggression against Iran, he added, Washington and the Tel Aviv regime deliberately injected insecurity into vital energy routes and are now accusing Tehran of destabilization, to put into practice Goebbels’ infamous dictum: "Accuse others of what you yourself are doing."
“This is their familiar, cynical playbook: manufacture crisis and war, then escalate further under the noble banner of 'restoring stability' and 'defending peace,'” the Iranian spokesperson emphasized.
The spokesman’s post came amid heightened tensions in the Strait of Hormuz, a critical maritime corridor through which a significant share of the world’s energy trade passes.
Iran shut down the Strait of Hormuz to the aggressors and their allies in response to the aggression. Iranian authorities began enforcing much stricter controls following US President Donald Trump’s announcement of a blockade targeting Iranian vessels and ports last month.
