Iran’s military cautions US against fresh adventurism

Army warns to ‘open new fronts’ if strikes resume

Iran’s Armed Forces warned the United States against renewed strikes on Iran, with the Iranian Army saying it would "open new fronts" against the US after Donald Trump said he had instructed the US military to be prepared for a large-scale assault on Iran if an “acceptable deal is not reached.”
"If the enemy is foolish enough to fall into the Zionist trap again and launches new aggression against our beloved Iran, we will open new fronts against it, with new equipment and new methods," said Army spokesman Mohammad Akraminia said on Tuesday.
Washington and Tehran have been swapping proposals in an effort to end the US-Israeli aggression against Iran, which broke out on February 28. The two sides have held a single round of talks so far amid a fragile ceasefire in place since April 8.
In a post on his Truth Social platform, Trump said the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates had asked him "to hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow, in that serious negotiations are now taking place.”
But Trump added he had instructed the US military to be "prepared to go forward with a full, large-scale assault of Iran, on a moment's notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached.”
Akraminia said his country had used the ceasefire as an opportunity "to strengthen its combat capabilities.”
The commander of Iran's highest operational command unit also said that any new act of aggression by the US or its allies will be met with overwhelming force, as the Islamic Republic stands stronger and more determined than ever to defend its sovereignty.
Major General Ali Abdollahi, commander of the Khatam al-Anbiya Headquarters, said that Iran and its battle-hardened Armed Forces are now more prepared and formidable than at any time in history, with fingers firmly on the triggers, ready to protect the proud nation.
“We announce to America and its allies: Do not commit another strategic mistake or miscalculation,” the commander said.
“They must know that any renewed aggression or invasion by the enemies of our land and our proud nation will be met with a swift, decisive, powerful, and extensive response.”
He warned that if the enemies dare to make another mistake, Iran will confront it with far greater power and capability than during the 40-day imposed war.
Mohsen Rezaei, a senior advisor to Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Mojtaba Khamenei, also reacted to the Trump’s remarks, saying that the iron fist of Iran’s powerful Armed Forces and the resolute Iranian nation will compel the US to retreat and surrender.
In a post on X on Monday night, Mohsen Rezaei, former chief commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), ridiculed Washington’s inconsistent and cowardly approach.
Rezaei wrote that Trump “sets a deadline for a military strike and then cancels it himself, in the vain hope of forcing the Iranian nation and officials to surrender!”
“The iron fist of the powerful Armed Forces and the great Iranian nation will force them to retreat and surrender,” he added.

Search
Date archive